It’s time to celebrate the birthday of scouting and celebrate all the great accomplishments we’ve done so far.
Please come and join us for our annual Blue and Gold celebration. We will have a dinner, advancement awards, fun activities, and the annual Akela/son cake bake. This year’s theme for the bake is “Litter to Glitter”.
Date: Thursday February 26th
Location: Covenant United Methodist Church located at 4410 Duval Rd.
Price: Scouts – Free, Adults – $10, kids (5-12) – $5, Kids (under 5) – Free
Dinner Menu: TBD
Signup and pay online through Paypal or pay at the door. The earlier you can let sign up and let us know if you are coming, the better we can plan for food.
NOTE: If you choose not to signup online, please send your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org stating how many people will be in your party.
Blue and Gold Den Responsibilities – TBA
See the link below for some really cool events for Cubs and their Akelas!
Cub Scout Adventure flyer spring 2015
Come join us for the 66th Annual Report to State Scout Parade!
We will be joining Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers, Sea Scouts and Explorers from all over Texas in a march up Congress Avenue to the Capitol. We will have a trailer for the scouts to ride in during the parade and this year scouts can bring a bike or scooter to ride during the parade. We need as many scouts and Akelas to come join us for the parade and show everyone how proud we are to be part of Pack 90. Parents are more than welcome to walk in the parade with the scouts, but if you would rather not walk the parade route you can always line up on Congress Ave. and cheer us on. Date: Saturday, Feb. 7th, 2015
Parade Line Up Time: 7:30am, Scouts and Akelas in the parade should be at the Pack 90 float no later than 8:30am. Parade Start Time: 9am Parade Route: Congress Avenue Bridge to State Capitol. Dress: All scouts should wear their full Class A uniform.
Come early and help us decorate the float!! Below are links to more information about this event, including suggested parking.
The Annual Pack 90 Pinewood derby is almost here! If you haven’t finished your car, time is running short and no one wants to be left out of this fast, fun, and action packed race.
On your mark…. Get set…. Go! Go! Go!
Date: Saturday, January 17th, 2014
Location: Summitt Elementary Cafeteria
Car Check-in Time: 9am
Race Time: 10am
All car must be checked in prior to the 10am start.
DERBY NEED TO KNOW:
- We will be following the standard cub scout pinewood derby rules for car specifications. Pinewood Derby Rules
- Race divisions will be by rank with each car racing four times.
- First place winners from each rank will compete in the overall Grand Championship race.
Cub Scout: To have the most fun possible designing, building & racing his own custom Pinewood Derby Racecar.
Parent: To spend some “Quality Time” guiding and assisting your Cub Scout in building the car.
If you have any questions please contact Ed Garana (email@example.com)
We will be going to NASA on Saturday, February 28, 2014, for a one night sleep over. This trip is for Bears and Webelos only.
Signup is closed.
When: Saturday February 28, 2015
Time: Check-in at 5pm, Program starts promptly at 6pm (dinner and breakfast on Sunday provided).
Where: Space Center Houston / 1601 NASA Parkway/ Houston, TX 77058
Here is a link to NASA’s page about the camp-ins:
- The Webelos will complete the essential components of the Scientist Badge as they design a protective spacesuit for a shuttle astronaut, discover the effects of air pressure, and conduct activities involving Bernoulli’s Principle and Pascal’s law.
- The Bears will complete Space Arrow Points as they discover the planets in our Solar System, make a star wheel chart, build and launch a basic rocket, and learn about the constellations in the night sky in our planetarium!!!
We have plenty of slots reserved, but we need to confirm how many scouts are going and pay by 12:00 noon Wednesday January 14. This is a hard deadline, please signup early if you are planning on going.
Ever wonder what it would be like to sleep on a real submarine? Now is your chance! Join Pack 90 as we board a vintage World War II submarine and spend the night in the same bunks as those brave sailors who crewed this submarine during its time at sea.
- All campers must have a completed medical form (Parts A & B only) before they will be allowed on the campout. Please email your completed forms to Alan Hutcheson.
- All adults (18yrs old and older) attending the campout must take Youth Protection Training or have proof of current Youth Protection Training. Once you have taken the training either email or print you certificate to Alan Hutcheson. The Youth Protection Training should only take about 25 minutes to complete.
If you completed these forms for the Family Campout last month, you do not have to fill them out again. We only need these forms from folks who did not attend the Family Campout.
- Leave your electronics at home! Scouts and youth guests are not permitted to bring electronics on camping trips. Adults please be mindful of your use of electronics, these campouts are for youth and adults to interact with one another and share in the camaraderie of others.
Required medical form
Link to required youth protection training
Come join us as we spread some goodwill to our neighbors at Colonial Gardens. This is a great opportunity to bring joy to others during this holiday season.
When: Sunday, December 14 @ 2:00p
Where: Colonial Gardens
at the corner of Adelphi Lane & Amherst Lane
(across from the Library & the new Community Gardens)
Please come wearing your cub scout best… blue shirt, neckerchief, belt (w/ beltloops if you have them) & your vest if you have one!
We have Pack songbooks, so don’t worry, just join us for some Christmas caroling fun!
What: A Pack 90 group outing to see a Texas Stars hockey game
When: Saturday December 13th – 7:00 PM game time
Where: 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park, TX 78613
Who: Pack 90 Cub Scouts & other members of their families
How Much: $17 per person for game tickets
How do I Purchase Tickets:To purchase your tickets, please contact Peter Norosky, Ticket Sales Manager for the Texas Stars by calling (512) 600-5010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get seated with the Pack, you must contact Peter before Monday December 8th. Otherwise, any remaining seats in this section will be given to other fans. Do not contact anyone else at the Texas Stars Hockey except Peter to purchase tickets and reference Pack 90.
We have a limited amount of reserved group seats, so please sign up early if you want to attend.
The Rain Gutter Regatta is this Sunday, November 15th! 9:30am
Summitt basketball court (or the front covered entry if it is raining)
This is a fun and easy event. Just bring yourself and a great attitude – we’ll provide the rest.
We will build and race small sailboats in a pair of rain gutters!
Check out the link for more info Wikipedia link for Rain Gutter Regatta info
SEE YOU THERE!