The Milwood and Walnut Crossing Neighborhood Associations are holding their annual Independence Day Parade and Picnic and have invited Pack 90 to participate and show our scout spirit.
When: July 4th
Where: Parade will start at the Milwood Baptist Church parking lot and end at Balcones Park for the picnic.
Gather Time: 9:00am
Gather Location: Milwood Baptist Church parking lot (12217 Cassady Drive)
Parade Start Time: 9:30am
Wear your Scout Uniform and come represent Pack 90.
Wear your Scout colors and come represent Pack 90. You can walk, bike, or ride your scooter – If you are riding a bike or scooter you need to wear a helmet!!!
The parade ends at Balcones Park with a 4th of July Neighborhood Block Party and Picnic (Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chips, Cookies and Ice Cold Drinks). The Austin Civic Wind Ensemble will also be holding a free concert during the picnic.
NOTE: We will perform a Pack Service Project and help pick up trash after the picnic (around noon).
For more information contact Ed Garana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It’s the Annual Akela & Son Kickball game this Thursday, 6:30 pm at Summit Elementary. Meet at the backstop behind the school, if you don’t know where it is… ask your kids.
This event helps us meet one of the requirements for our Journey To Excellence award.
What: 5th Annual Akela’s & Scouts Kickball Game
When: This Thursday, July 26th, 6:30 pm till we feel like leaving
Where: Summit Elementary Field Backstop area
Who: Cub Scouts and Families of Pack 90. This isn’t a game for watching, I expect most Akela’s to play too…. Can you say Akelas vs. Scouts????
Why: Why NOT? It’s loads of fun!!!
The PLAN: Show up at 6:30pm, organize teams, start play as soon as possible, play till about 7:30ish, have a popsicle or two on the grass!
Rain Date: There ain’t one! Pray for cool, dry weather!
YOU NEED TO BRING: 1) a filled water bottle
2) comfortable clothes and CLOSED TOED SHOES FOR EVERYONE! 3) a good attitude and willingness to have fun!!!
Pack 90 will bring: Water jug with ice water, frozen treats, kickballs and bases
POSTPONED TO LATER IN THE SUMMER!!
Pack 90 – Join us for a night of baseball!
We will be attending the Round Rock Express baseball game on Friday, May 30th. Game time is 7:05pm.
If you would like to join your fellow scouts for this fun filled activity please signup now. Tickets are $16 per person and the entire family is welcome to attend.
I know this is short notice so if you are interested in attending please let me know ASAP. If we do not have enough interest in attending this game we will try and reschedule it for later in the summer.
To better insure that we get seated as a group, I need to know by Thursday May 29th if you will be going and how many will be in your party.
Please email me at email@example.com
Come join your fellow scouts for our annual Pack Hike. This year we have the opportunity to visit a private nature preserve that is only open to guided tour groups.
- When: June 7th
- Time: 10- 11am
- What: A 1-hour guided walking tour through the Bright Leaf Nature Preserve. Bright Leaf is a 200 acre natural preserve within the Austin city limits and is only open for guided tours.
- Cost: FREE – but donations are greatly appreciated
- Where: Bright Leaf Nature Preserve (Bright Leaf is located in central northwest Austin, just north of Camp Mabry. In between Mopac and 360 and between 2222 and Crestway Drive.)
- More Info:http://www.brightleaf.org
- Note: Please dress appropriately for a hike, bring a water bottle, no dogs or strollers are allowed.
- Coordinator: For questions or more info contact Ed Garana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pack Hike Sign Up Form
cforms contact form by delicious:days
The pack calendar has now been updated with 2014 – 2015 events. If you are curious as to what’s going on over the summer break with Pack 90, check out our summertime schedule.
Pack Calendar for 2014 – 2015
Come join us for our annual End-of-the-Year Cookout and Pack Meeting!! We’ll celebrating the end of the school year and the beginning of summer by turning our pack meeting into a picnic. We’ll be serving hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, drinks and watermelon!
What - Final Pack meeting of the school year, cookout and picnic!
When - Thursday, May 22nd, 6:30 – 8:00
Where - Summitt playground, near the basketball court
Who - Current cubs, their families, and future cub scouts (anyone interested in joining Pack 90!)
Why - Close out the school year and get ready for summer
For planning purposes please email email@example.com with the number of attendees in your party.
It is finally time to start planning the Mother/Son Campout weekend scheduled for May 16-18, 2014 @Friendship Park in the Granger Lake ACE Park.
Come for the whole weekend, or for just one night… whatever works best for your family, but let us know so that we have the food needed for the meals…
It’s going to be a lot of fun, the Pack had the Spring family campout at this park last year & everyone had a lot of fun.
COST: $12 per person for 1 night, $17 per person for 2 nights. Signup now available in the pack store.
***Please come to a planning meeting Saturday, May 3rd @ 9am @ Silver Grill.
We need to plan the following:
- Shopping expedition
- Determine Equipment needed
Equipment pull will be the weekend of May 10 – 11 (gathering of needed group items (cooking & otherwise) — and individual items if needed)
**If you have ideas or you want to help out, but can’t make the meeting, please email me @”firstname.lastname@example.org“
It’s time for the Spring 2014 Family Campout! Come join your fellow scouts for the first campout of 2014 – they’ll be plenty of fun and fellowship for everyone.
When: March 29th (check-in starts at 2pm)
Where: San Marcos River Retreat
Cost: $12 per person (5 and under are free) CLOSED
Who Can Go: Scouts of all ranks accompanied by a parent or designated guardian and their families.
- All campers must have a completed medical form (Parts A & B only) before they will be allowed on the campout. Please email or give your completed forms to Alan Hutcheson.
- All adults (18yrs old and older) attending the campout must take Youth Protection Training or have proof of current Youth Protection Training. Once you have taken the training either email or print you certificate and give to Alan Hutcheson. The Youth Protection Training should only take about 25 minutes to complete.
If you completed and turned in these forms in Fall 2013, you do not have to fill them out again. We only need these forms from folks who have yet to submit them.
- Leave your electronics at home! Scouts and youth guests are not permitted to bring electronics on camping trips. Adults please be mindful of your use of electronics, these campouts are for youth and adults to interact with one another and share in the camaraderie of others.
- We practice “green dining” so please bring your own cup, plate, bowl, and utensils
cub scout camping checklist
Required medical form
Link to required youth protection training
San Marcos River Retreat Website
Camp inside Space Center Houston!
We will be going to NASA on Saturday, April 26th, 2014, for a one night sleep over. This trip is for Bears and Webelos only
The cost will be $55 per person. You can pay online through Paypal.
When: Saturday April 26th
Time: Check-in at 5pm, Program starts promptly at 6pm (dinner provided).
Where: Space Center Houston / 1601 NASA Parkway/ Houston, TX 77058
Here is a link to NASA’s page about the camp-ins:
- The Webelos will complete the essential components of the Scientist Badge as they design a protective spacesuit for a shuttle astronaut, discover the effects of air pressure, and conduct activities involving Bernoulli’s Principle and Pascal’s law.
- The Bears will complete Space Arrow Points as they discover the planets in our Solar System, make a star wheel chart, build and launch a basic rocket, and learn about the constellations in the night sky in our planetarium!!!
We have plenty of slots reserved, but we need to confirm how many scouts are going and pay by Monday March 1st. This is a hard deadline, please signup early if you are planning on going.
Please contact (Alan Hutcheson) at email@example.com with any questions.
It’s time to celebrate the birthday of scouting and celebrate all the great accomplishments we’ve done so far.
Please come and join us for our annual Blue and Gold celebration. We will have a BBQ dinner, advancement awards, fun activities, and the annual Akela/son cake bake. This year’s theme for the bake is “The GReat Outdoors”.
Date: Thursday February 27th
Location: Covenant United Methodist Church located at 4410 Duval Rd.
Price: Scouts – Free, Adults – $8, kids (5-12) – $4, Kids (under 5) – Free
Dinner Menu: BBQ Brisket, Sausage, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Bread, Onions/Pickles/Peppers, Tea, Lemonade, Peanut Butter & Jelly available
Signup and pay online through Paypal or pay at the door. The earlier you can let sign up and let us know if you are coming, the better we can plan for food.
NOTE: If you choose not to signup online, please send your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org stating how many people will be in your party.
Blue and Gold Den Responsibilities – TBA