Come join us as we spread some goodwill to our neighbors at Colonial Gardens. This is a great opportunity to bring joy to others during this holiday season.
When: Sunday, December 14 @ 2:00p
Where: Colonial Gardens
at the corner of Adelphi Lane & Amherst Lane
(across from the Library & the new Community Gardens)
Please come wearing your cub scout best… blue shirt, neckerchief, belt (w/ beltloops if you have them) & your vest if you have one!
We have Pack songbooks, so don’t worry, just join us for some Christmas caroling fun!
What: A Pack 90 group outing to see a Texas Stars hockey game
When: Saturday December 13th – 7:00 PM game time
Where: 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park, TX 78613
Who: Pack 90 Cub Scouts & other members of their families
How Much: $17 per person for game tickets
How do I Purchase Tickets:To purchase your tickets, please contact Peter Norosky, Ticket Sales Manager for the Texas Stars by calling (512) 600-5010 or emailing email@example.com.
To get seated with the Pack, you must contact Peter before Monday December 8th. Otherwise, any remaining seats in this section will be given to other fans. Do not contact anyone else at the Texas Stars Hockey except Peter to purchase tickets and reference Pack 90.
We have a limited amount of reserved group seats, so please sign up early if you want to attend.
The Rain Gutter Regatta is this Sunday, November 15th! 9:30am
Summitt basketball court (or the front covered entry if it is raining)
This is a fun and easy event. Just bring yourself and a great attitude – we’ll provide the rest.
We will build and race small sailboats in a pair of rain gutters!
Check out the link for more info Wikipedia link for Rain Gutter Regatta info
SEE YOU THERE!
It’s our first campout of the school year! Come enjoy a weekend full of archery, good food, friends, and campfires with Pack 90.
When: October 4 (check-in starts at 2 PM)
Where: Cub World in Bastrop (http://www.bsacac.org/activities/our_camps/cub_world)
Cost: $12 per person (5 and under are free) signup is closed.
Who can go: Scouts of all ranks accompanied by a parent or designated guardian and their families.
- All campers must have a completed medical form (Parts A & B only) before they will be allowed on the campout. Please email or give your completed forms to Alan Hutcheson.
- All adults (18yrs old and older) attending the campout must take Youth Protection Training or have proof of current Youth Protection Training. Once you have taken the training either email or print you certificate and give to Alan Hutcheson. The Youth Protection Training should only take about 25 minutes to complete.
- Leave your electronics at home! Scouts and youth guests are not permitted to bring electronics on camping trips. Adults please be mindful of your use of electronics, these campouts are for youth and adults to interact with one another and share in the camaraderie of others.
- We practice “green dining” so please bring your own cup, plate, bowl, and utensils
cub scout camping checklist
Required medical form
Link to required youth protection training
With summer coming to a close it’s our chance to give something back to the park that has been the site of many great summertime activities. Let’s give back to our community and make the neighborhood a better place.
Where: Balcones Park
When: Saturday, August 16th
Time: Meet at 9:00 – 11:00am meet by the playscape
What to bring: water bottle, hat, sunscreen. Feel free to bring your own gloves from home if you don’t want to use the rubber ones we will provide.
We will provide trash bags, plastic gloves, hand sanitizer and a water cooler to refill your bottles.
Also, since it is going to be a hot morning we will have a nice cool treat when we’re done.
The Milwood and Walnut Crossing Neighborhood Associations are holding their annual Independence Day Parade and Picnic and have invited Pack 90 to participate and show our scout spirit.
When: July 4th
Where: Parade will start at the Milwood Baptist Church parking lot and end at Balcones Park for the picnic.
Gather Time: 9:00am
Gather Location: Milwood Baptist Church parking lot (12217 Cassady Drive)
Parade Start Time: 9:30am
Wear your Scout Uniform and come represent Pack 90.
Wear your Scout colors and come represent Pack 90. You can walk, bike, or ride your scooter – If you are riding a bike or scooter you need to wear a helmet!!!
The parade ends at Balcones Park with a 4th of July Neighborhood Block Party and Picnic (Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chips, Cookies and Ice Cold Drinks). The Austin Civic Wind Ensemble will also be holding a free concert during the picnic.
NOTE: We will perform a Pack Service Project and help pick up trash after the picnic (around noon).
For more information contact Ed Garana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It’s the Annual Akela & Son Kickball game this Thursday, 6:30 pm at Summit Elementary. Meet at the backstop behind the school, if you don’t know where it is… ask your kids.
This event helps us meet one of the requirements for our Journey To Excellence award.
What: 5th Annual Akela’s & Scouts Kickball Game
When: This Thursday, July 26th, 6:30 pm till we feel like leaving
Where: Summit Elementary Field Backstop area
Who: Cub Scouts and Families of Pack 90. This isn’t a game for watching, I expect most Akela’s to play too…. Can you say Akelas vs. Scouts????
Why: Why NOT? It’s loads of fun!!!
The PLAN: Show up at 6:30pm, organize teams, start play as soon as possible, play till about 7:30ish, have a popsicle or two on the grass!
Rain Date: There ain’t one! Pray for cool, dry weather!
YOU NEED TO BRING: 1) a filled water bottle
2) comfortable clothes and CLOSED TOED SHOES FOR EVERYONE! 3) a good attitude and willingness to have fun!!!
Pack 90 will bring: Water jug with ice water, frozen treats, kickballs and bases
POSTPONED TO LATER IN THE SUMMER!!
Pack 90 – Join us for a night of baseball!
We will be attending the Round Rock Express baseball game on Friday, May 30th. Game time is 7:05pm.
If you would like to join your fellow scouts for this fun filled activity please signup now. Tickets are $16 per person and the entire family is welcome to attend.
I know this is short notice so if you are interested in attending please let me know ASAP. If we do not have enough interest in attending this game we will try and reschedule it for later in the summer.
To better insure that we get seated as a group, I need to know by Thursday May 29th if you will be going and how many will be in your party.
Please email me at email@example.com
Come join your fellow scouts for our annual Pack Hike. This year we have the opportunity to visit a private nature preserve that is only open to guided tour groups.
- When: June 7th
- Time: 10- 11am
- What: A 1-hour guided walking tour through the Bright Leaf Nature Preserve. Bright Leaf is a 200 acre natural preserve within the Austin city limits and is only open for guided tours.
- Cost: FREE – but donations are greatly appreciated
- Where: Bright Leaf Nature Preserve (Bright Leaf is located in central northwest Austin, just north of Camp Mabry. In between Mopac and 360 and between 2222 and Crestway Drive.)
- More Info:http://www.brightleaf.org
- Note: Please dress appropriately for a hike, bring a water bottle, no dogs or strollers are allowed.
- Coordinator: For questions or more info contact Ed Garana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pack Hike Sign Up Form