It’s time for the 64th Annual Report to State Scout Parade!
We will be joining Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers, Sea Scouts and Explorers from all over Texas in a march up Congress Avenue to the Capitol.
We will have a trailer for the scouts to ride in during the parade, but we need your help to have a strong showing.
- Parade Line Up Time: 7:30am
- Parade Start Time: 9am
- Parade Route: Congress Avenue Bridge to State Capitol.
- Scouts and Akelas in the parade should be at the Pack 90 float no later than 8:30am.
- All scouts are encouraged to wear their full Class A uniform.
- Early arrivals will be able to help decorate the trailer.
The Annual Pack 90 Pinewood derby is almost here! If you haven’t finished your car, time is running short and no one wants to be left out of this fast, fun, and action packed race.
On your mark…. Get set…. Go! Go! Go!
Date: Sunday January 20th, 2013
Location: Summitt Elementary Cafeteria
Race Start Time: 2pm
Car Check-in Time:: 1pm
All car must be checked in prior to the 2pm start.
DERBY NEED TO KNOW:
- We will be following the standard cub scout pinewood derby rules for car specifications. Pinewood Derby Rules
- Race divisions will be by rank with each car racing four times.
- First place winners from each rank will compete in the overall Grand Championship race.
Cub Scout: To have the most fun possible designing, building & racing his own custom Pinewood Derby Racecar.
Parent: To spend some “Quality Time” guiding and assisting your Cub Scout in building the car.
If you have any questions please contact Ed Garana (email@example.com)
It’s 2013 and we already have a full scheduled of great activities lined up to kick-off the new year. Check the calendar section of the website for a full list of coming activities.
First up for January are two great events that you won’t want to miss!
January 12th – USS Lexington SHip Trip Overnighter. There are still plenty of spaces available and if you have never had the opportunity to sleep aboard an aircraft carrier, now is your chance. Signup can be done through the Pack Store. For more info contact Alan Hutcheson or Ed Garana.
January 20th (2pm) – Pinewood Derby. It’s time for this great Akela and scout activity that is fun for the whole family. Watch as racers burn up the track in this always fun and entertaining event. Start working on those cars and stay tuned for more info.