The Milwood and Walnut Crossing Neighborhood Associations are holding their annual Independence Day Parade and Picnic and have invited Pack 90 to participate and show our scout spirit.
When: July 4th
Where: Parade will start at the Milwood Baptist Church parking lot and end at Balcones Park for the picnic.
Gather Time: 9:00am
Gather Location: Milwood Baptist Church parking lot (12217 Cassady Drive)
Parade Start Time: 9:30am
Wear your Scout Uniform and come represent Pack 90.
Wear your Scout colors and come represent Pack 90. You can walk, bike, or ride your scooter – If you are riding a bike or scooter you need to wear a helmet!!!
The parade ends at Balcones Park with a 4th of July Neighborhood Block Party and Picnic (Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chips, Cookies and Ice Cold Drinks). The Austin Civic Wind Ensemble will also be holding a free concert during the picnic.
NOTE: We will perform a Pack Service Project and help pick up trash after the picnic (around noon).
For more information contact Ed Garana (email@example.com)
Spend the night on an aircraft carrier!
Please come and join your fellow scouts for a weekend of high seas adventure on the USS Lexington.
The overnight stay includes tours of the ship, a movie in the MEGA Theater, bunking in original crew quarters, and an unforgettable flag ceremony.
- What: 2012 USS Lexington Ship Trip
- When: January 12, 2012
- Where: The USS Lexington rests in Corpus Christi Bay, just across the ship channel from downtown Corpus Christi. http://usslexington.com
- Cost: $50 per camper (Signup through Paypal at the Pack store or at the November and December Pack meetings).
- Due to the limited space signups will be conducted in rank order starting with the Webelos.
- Webelos signup 11/26 – 12/2
- Bear signup 12/3 – 12/9
- Wolf signup 12/10 – 12/16
- Tiger signup 12/17 – 12/24
- Open signup (if available) 12/25 – 01/11/2013
- Camping slots are extremely limited. For now we are limiting signups to one adult and one scout. As we get closer to the date and if we have any extra slots we will open the signup to siblings and other family members.
- Medical Forms (Part A & B) & Youth Protection Training needed
What To Bring
Each person must bring a pillow, sleeping bag, toiletries, towel and flashlight. Insect repellant is advisable. Absolutely no electrical devices may be brought on board. Cameras, video cameras and cell phones are allowed; however, safe plugs for chargers are available in the Live Aboard office only. No carry-on food or drink of any kind will be allowed onboard.
Contact Alan Hutcheson with any questions regarding this trip
A few photos from Pack 90s trip to the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. From the feedback I received from everyone it seemed like a great time was had by all. If you have any photos you would like to contribute for the Gallery please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTE: In order to view the photo Gallery you mist first obtain the “invitation code” from your Den Leader, Assistant Scoutmaster, Scoutmaster, or use the contact form and then signup as a registered user of the Pack90 website.
USS Lexington Overnighter Photo Gallery